Phase one of our Sport First project has now progressed to planning application. Do take a look at the document pack which provides more details. If you could spare the time to create a log in and leave a comment to reflect your support that would be very kind. Here are the links for ease of access:
Plans announced for inclusive Sports Hub in Horncastle.
In December 2022 Horncastle Education Trust announced exciting plans to develop a new sports hub which will also be open to the public.
As part of the Sport First project the existing playing fields on the Queen Elizabeth's Grammar School site in West Street will be reconfigured and enhanced to include:
- A full-size 3G football pitch
- A full-size school rugby
- A mini soccer 7 v 7 grass football pitch
- A youth 11 v 11 grass football pitch
- A junior artificial cricket wicket
- Six cricket nets
- Six clay or ‘sand-dressed’ courts for tennis, netball, hockey and basketball
- A range of athletics facilities including an eight-lane running track as well as long/triple jump, high jump, javelin and shot put facilities.
It is our intention that the facilities will be enjoyed by young people during school hours, and then be available to the community during evenings, weekends and school holidays.
A huge thank you to everyone who emailed or attended our public consultation event on the 11th January. We appreciate the feedback, ideas and support you have expressed.