Plans Announced for Inclusive Sports Hub at QEGS in Horncastle
In December 2022 we announced exciting plans to develop a new sports hub at Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School (QEGS) on West Street which will also be open to the public.
As part of the Sport First project the existing playing fields will be reconfigured and enhanced to include:
- A full-size 3G football pitch
- A full-size school rugby pitch
- A mini soccer 7 v 7 grass football pitch
- A youth 11 v 11 grass football pitch
- A junior artificial cricket wicket
- Six cricket nets
- Six clay or ‘sand-dressed’ courts for tennis, netball, hockey and basketball
- A range of athletics facilities including an eight-lane running track as well as long/triple jump, high jump, javelin and shot put facilities.
The facilities will be enjoyed by young people during school hours, and then be available to the community during evenings, weekends and school holidays.
Come and join us at the QEGS site on 11th January at 6.30 pm to hear about our proposals in further detail.
We want this to be an inclusive project, so we’d like as many people as possible to get in touch. If you can't join us in person, you can also share your views by emailing us: [email protected]